Monday, June 29, 2009

Um....yeah...

Lo siento my amigos! I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted. A lot has gone downduring that time. I went back to work! Here's my story...

My mother-in-law watched over Olive as I went back to work...still awaiting the answer on whether or not I could work from home, work part-time from home and the other time at the office, or if I could just work part-time hours at home. They declined all three requests. I then did something they were not expecting. Something that kept me up for days just thinking about. I quit my job! I handed my letter of resignation to the boss and gave him my two week notice. Booyah AT&T! It felt liberating and I was excited to continue to be home with my lil monster. I was on a high from the excitement...but that high lasted 24 hours and then reality set in. Holy shit! I just quit my job. My family will be living off one salary...holy shit! I mean...we've been saving for this...hubby and I knew it was likely to come down to this, but to think about quitting and actually doing it is not the same. Of course, I still stand by my decision because taking care of my lil girl a little longer until she's less fragile is just priceless.

I've been jobless for a week now and I'm lovin' it. It feels good and I think Olive is happy to have me back full-time too. :)

So what's next for me...
I've always dreamt about owning a spa. I've talked about it for over a decade and I think I'm going to look into it further. Once Olive gets a little bigger I may take some courses. It's definitely a new direction...it's exciting and scary at the same time. I just hope I don't fail. I can't fail.


I won't fail!

P.S. Congratu-effin-lations to my very good friends (whom shall remain anonymous until I get their approval to write about them :)) They're pregnant, which was no easy feat to achieve, and I'm dorkishly giddy with joy every time I think of their achievement. Yup yup yup!

No comments:

Post a Comment