Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Decisions, Decisions

Today was my first day back to work. I’ve been pretty anxious for the last several days knowing what the result of my request to work from home part-time would be. The answer is “no”. The answer is also “no” to me working from home full-time. So my options are to either find a nanny to watch Olive from home…and quick! The other option is to quit. I’d love to try to make it work to see if I can even do it, but at the same time it’s hard to imagine someone else taking care of my baby while I’m at work. I’m scared they’ll undo all the work I’ve done with her nap routine or maybe Olive will think we’ve abandoned her. It also feels like work is anticipating my resignation. There’s a big move coming up in the next week and in the plans they have me sitting in a bullpen…with two contractors. :( A girl about to give birth in two weeks will even have her own cube…and she’ll be out for 3 months!…AND I’ve been at the company over 4 years more than she. So it’s crap. Knowing this fact makes me want to show them up and work full-time.

Leave my baby in the hands of someone else and return to work.
Stay at home with her, not get paid and risk having trouble finding a job later on.
I’ve got lots to think about.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. Whatever you decide will be the right decision. Let me know if you need to chat or even to make the biggest pro/con list you have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete