Tuesday, June 9, 2009

We Did It!

On Sunday, my sister and I completed the Danskin Triathlon. This is a HUGE feat for the both of us. My sister has just recently gotten serious about working out for her health and this triathlon is the biggest workout that she has ever done. She finished with a smile and a huge sigh of relief. I’m so proud of you, Vanessa! I knew you can do it.

As for me, this was very important for me to complete. To be able to complete a triathlon only after 3 months of giving birth is a big accomplishment for me. I signed up for this in order to force myself back into my routine of working out. It’s my hobby. It’s my own quiet time. I get to reflect, think and dream while I go for a run. No interruptions. No dialog. Just me and my thoughts and my music. Just writing this makes me want to go for a run right now, but I just had a margarita with my mother-in-law, so I best relax…that’s not to say that I’ve never drank and run before. :)

1 comment: