Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Time flies when you're having fun

Olive is 10 weeks today! I have no idea where the time has gone and I just can’t believe how she’s growing. The little monster is now smiling. At me no less! Can you believe it?! I’m beginning to think she doesn’t hate me anymore. :) She’s smiling, cooing and even grunts back when we make grunting and growling noises at her. She’s definitely more fun these days, and the nights are usually nice with 4 hour stretches of sleep…sometimes 5!

Olive will finally get to meet her uncle. My brother is coming down to Austin this weekend, so it’s going to be another exhausting, but fun time. Hope he and his girlfriend can sleep through the crying baby. :) Having company over is when we really realize that our lives have changed. We can’t just make plans on the whim and I can’t enjoy a drink like I used to. Breaking her nap/sleeping routine is not something we like to do, but it’s hard not to when we have entertaining to do. I also have to watch my alcohol intake since I’m still breastfeeding. We have a small supply frozen as back-up, but it’s the mere fact that I would have to pump and dump that bothers me. I just don’t enjoy a drink anymore without stressing out about testing my milk for alcohol and pumping and dumping. It’s just not worth it. Breast milk is sacred to me and there are mother’s out there that would kill to provide this to their baby. Yet here I am, poisoning my milk with Mexican martinis with no salt and extra olives. So delicious! Oh, but I’ll still have one this weekend at Trudy’s. There’s lots to celebrate with Olive being 10 weeks and the arrival of my brother and his girlfriend…of which we can’t wait to meet. She seems real nice and my brother has been to Drama Town and back with his ex-wife…or is she still his wife? I dunno anymore. I stopped asking.

So before I forget, I finally uploaded some pics of Olive. It’s been a couple of weeks since I posted any of her.



1 comment:

  1. I think she should wear the blue dress to Trudy's, it's very cha cha and could maybe get you some free drinks :)

    ReplyDelete