Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Don't be a Salmon

Just when you think you have it all under control with either the sleep schedule or eating situations, the baby mixes things up. The lil monster has had trouble eating for the last month or so and it is affecting her sleep...and most importantly my sleep. Not enough sleep = bad mood Claudia. I'm 97% sure my milk supply is low because she fusses after 10 minutes of eating and she puts anything that is in sight into her mouth even right after feeding. Last clue that milk is dying is that when I pump right afterwards, I get 1/2 oz of milk at best.

At first the nights were bad because she was waking up more often than usual due to the lack of calories she consumed during the day. It's so frustrating when she wakes up 3-4 times a night knowing that she can and has slept 6-7 hours straight...multiple times. The day was just as bad because she'd cry and fuss every 3 hours (while I fed her) and it's is frustrating and heart-wrenching at the same time. Why can't I provide for my daughter?! Yes, I can supplement, but I'm really trying not to give up on breastfeeding. I want those extra 10 IQ points for her, dangit! After 3 weeks of this exhausting routine and reading up on solutions I decided to feed her every 1.5 hours or so....this way, she would get as much as she can all the whilst her continuous sucking queues my body to make more milk. She's seems happier overall even though she still fusses after 10 min of feeding and her sleeping is better. I realized that when I stop fighting it and just except how things are going to be instead of trying to make them what I need them to be, things got better.


Go with the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment